The refurbished and modernised diagnostic unit was officially opened by David Jensen, Chairman of the Croydon Colorectal Cancer Charity on
The refurbishment was made possible with thanks to a generous donation of £1.4 million by Croydon Colorectal Cancer Charity and legacy money.
The diagnostic unit now has:
- A new reception area which offers patients, friends and family a comfortable and relaxing area to wait;
- Four new consultation rooms that provide extra privacy and dignity for patients
- Two new gender segregated areas for patients who have changed into their gowns and are waiting for their procedure;
- A new recovery area;
- A comfortable and well equipped area for patients waiting to go home;
- The latest endoscopy equipment.
The unit sees approximately 11, 000 patients a year who need tests, such as endoscopy, for a wide range of conditions.
Click here for a virtual tour of the unit